Issues regarding the impact of neuroscience on society are a problem field of Neuroethics research. It can be identified as an intersection of neuroscience, philosophy and ethics. For this reason it concerns a brain researching and its influence on human’s self-understanding as a person (neuronal bases of morality), development of social policies (educational potential of a child), and pure experiment (use of laboratory animals and human subjects in a study). The answer on a question how and where neuro researchers should represent the fruits of such studies to the general public is still demanded. Neuroethics is an extremely delicate area of study where each step must be thought out. For this case, the scientists should make every effort to examine the ethical aspects of Neuroethics in order to make the best solutions for appropriate developing and using proper results of researches for the benefit of whole society.
Here are some comments about time:
- UTC: The time at the Prime Meridian is called Universal Coordinated Time (UTC). A mismatch was caused by the acronym of its universal necessity for all languages.
- GMT: Before UTC was called Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), because the Prime Meridian was chosen to pass through the Royal Observatory in Greenwich.
- Other timezones can be written as an offset from UTC. For example, Australian Eastern Standard Time is written UTC+1000, namely 10:00 UTC is 20:00 EST on the same day.
- Summer time does not affect UTC. It's just a political decision to change its time-zone (offset from UTC). For example, GMT is still used: it's the British national time-zone in winter. In summer it becomes BST.
- Leap seconds: By international agreement, UTC is kept within 0.9 seconds of physical reality (UT1, which is a measure of solar time) by introducing a "leap second" in the last minute of the UTC year, or in the last minute of June.
- Leap seconds are not required to be declared (by astronomers) more than 6 months prior to their introduction. This presents a problem if you need any planning with second accuracy for more than 6 months.