Background on French - Spoken by close to 300 million people, French is an official language of 29 countries. It is a language spoken in all major continents of the country. Besides being the official language of the EU, it is also a language that holds big prospects for the future. As the African economy is gearing itself up for a big boost, French is bound to be one of the business lingua Francis for the world. According to the projection made by University Laval, the number of French speakers will reach 500 million by the year 2025. The present prospect for French warrants it as a forefront language to transcribe and translate.
The Growing Impact of English media in France
An article published in Toot Lafrance French Prefer US TV Series cites that the streaming boom has led to a surge in demand for the US web shows in France. Also, several French TV series remains popular in the Anglophone world. Shows like "Call my agent" and "The Chalet" are not only well-received by critics and English audiences alike. Remakes and several awards later it is established that the future of the genre of Fantastique French is bustling.
The Art of French Subtitling
French is said the toughest romantic language to learn and more so to subtitle. However, there are several guidelines in place that can help one charter these windy waters. These assembled by the European Association for Studies in Screen Translation (ESIST) provides subtitling good practices. Here are we listed a few details:
1. Spotting: Involves laying the groundwork for Audio-Visual segments and time-stamping. The translation must be of the highest quality, and a simple syntactical structure is to be used. The text must be coherent and understandable and all the important information included should be translated/ subtitled. Even superfluous information is to be included. For example about 800 miles should not be translated to 804.672 km but rather into about 800 km .
2. Adaptation: The second step is to adapt to the spotted language into the adaptation of the visual. The finally adopted subtitle must synchronous, accurate, well-placed, and complete.
3. Simulation: Simulation is the litmus test of any subtitle. The translator/ subtitler and the client's technical department work together at the subtitling lab and work with the subtitling technician to review the subtitles and translation. As mentioned previously it should be synchronous, accurate, well-placed, and complete. This step allows for clients to see the final product and is essential to ensuring a professional result.
Here is how French Video Subtitling services help:
1. Human subtitle-providers -Multiple human subtitle creators will review your content and transcribe accurate subtitles. Self-transcribing is cumbersome (but accurate) - let French subtitling services do the arduous task for you.
2. Ease - online services provide ease. You send the links of your videos, or video files (in any format), French to English subtitling services, and English to French subtitling services will provide you subtitles (in any format) that is highly accurate and synchronized.
3. Turnover time - online French subtitling service can split the voluminous amount of works among various subtitle providers such that subtitles are provided to you within provided deadlines and you never lose the smile on your face.
Media plays a significant role in the society we live in and language is the primary factor that decides the success of any media product. What if your target audience is familiar with a language different from your media. In such cases, the translation will be the only option to establish your media's brand in a foreign country. Translated text can be used to add subtitles to your media content. Be it TV shows, movies, documentaries, academic videos, or advertisements, subtitles can add more value to your videos by enhancing media accessibility. Subtitles aid deaf and the hard-of-hearing community for the complete comprehension of your media content. Being the eighteenth most natively spoken language in the world, French is the official language of 29 countries. It is also the third most spoken language in Europe and one of the six official languages of the United Nations. What more to highlight the significance of this romance language. This popularity of the language has made French subtitling services a prerequisite to enhance your global outreach.
Therefore, if you wish to broadcast a French TV show or movie in a foreign country, you need to get the assistance of professional French video subtitling services. When it comes to subtitling services, professionalism is crucial. It is advisable to approach professional subtitling companies like Vanan Captioning that uphold excellent precision and accuracy. Such agencies are well aware of the French captioning and subtitling guidelines and strictly adhere to these standards for high-quality subtitles. Only a professional agency will take utmost care to aesthetically place the subtitles without causing visual hindrance. Besides, they ensure the timely synchronization of the subtitle to the exact dialogue on the screen.
French Video Subtitling Services
Being aware of the popularity of the French language, it is crucial that you don't leave behind this potential group of audiences. Be it French to English subtitling services or English to French subtitling services, experienced French video subtitling services can guarantee quality and accuracy. Furthermore, such agencies engage in localizing your media content so that the target audience can easily comprehend the content in the video. Hence, if you wish to expand your brand's footprint to a global level, the best and easy option would be to team up with a qualified subtitling company. Similar to translation services, subtitling and captioning services have become an inevitable factor in the field of education. For instance, watching a video along with subtitles will be a great way to study the language for a learner of the French language.
From the thousands of professional subtitling agencies, how can you opt for the best one? There are certain factors that you can verify before choosing a subtitling company. To start with, make sure that the company is certified and check for online reviews. Next in the list would be to check for confidentiality. This is to protect your file from security threats. Likewise, check if the quality check processes are satisfactory.
Looking for French subtitling services? As a leading provider of premium subtitles and captions for over a decade, you can trust Vanan Captioning for your French subtitling needs. Request for a free quote today!