The vulnerability allows hearing the talker with a muted microphone
The vulnerability allows activating the muted microphone without talker’s knowledge. In this case, the microphone’s icon will remain crossed out.
The error is in the automatic reconnection feature with a line-break in the group call mode. That was tested on Windows - versions 18.104.22.168, 5.6, BETA 22.214.171.124.
Here are the steps to reveal the error:
1. Calling or taking a call.
2. Talker mutes the microphone.
3. Converting the call to the group one by typing in the chat / add echo123.
4. Turning off the Internet and waiting for the red message “Hold on while we try to get the call back”.
5. Turning on the Internet and waiting when the call will be reconnected.
6. Hearing the talker, despite the fact that a person has a microphone icon crossed out.
The error cannot be revealed when calling in private.
UPD: The developers have confirmed the error.
We have confirmed and we are working on fixing it as soon as possible
Issue id: calling-244
|Vote for this post
Bring it to the Main Page