Static code analyzer PVS-Studio for Linux
The development team working on PVS-Studio has finally started developing its product for Linux. That was the news that the CTO Andrey Karpov wrote about in the article. Long disputes and requests of the readers on habrahabr.ru, discussions on Reddit, Linux.org and other places can now gain a new round of comments. As it is mentioned in the article, you can volunteer to help the developers to test this product and improve it to a better level.
There are many tasks on the way of PVS-Studio to Linux, that the technical director is talking about. Put briefly, these are:
- more complete support of GCC and Clang;
- a new system of regression tests in Linux, so that you can track the changes results in the analyzer kernel and add new diagnostics;
- compiler monitoring to help programmers quickly and easily check the project without distracting people who support makefiles and the build system in general;
- documentation improvement, so that the user can get information with the examples about any diagnostic;
- testing, distribution, support organization.
In this article you will find more details about the abilities of PVS-Studio for Windows and the tasks it can already solve on Linux.
|Vote for this post
Bring it to the Main Page