There are 3 types of lies: Lies, damned lies, and statisticsStatistics, infographics, data analysis and data science – who isn’t doing it right now. Everyone knows how to do it right, just left for someone to write how you SHOULDN’T do it. In the article we’ll try to fix it.
(Hazen Robert "Curve fitting". 1978, Science.)
- Sampling Bias
- Well-chosen average
- 10 more failed experiments of which we haven’t written yet
- Playing with scale
- Selecting 100%
- Hiding main numbers
- Visual metaphor
- Example of qualitative visualization
- Conclusion and what to read next
You are so lucky to be a programmer. I would like to be the programmer.
- Why do not you learn?
- I already tried. I checked out codeacademy and other websites, but it is not mine.
- Yep, the programming is not really for everyone.
- You are well paid, and you can create different things. Almost every day you get some crazy offers at least for 100 thousand dollars.
- Yep, honestly it's very flattering and a little mind-blowing.
- You get your share in the company and you know that the software engineers are always respected. You can implement any idea in the app and get rich. Moreover, you do not need to hire anyone for this.
- Actually, the programming makes me miserable.
- Wow. What do you mean by that?
- In order to be a good programmer, I need to develop a special mindset and that makes me sad. I noticed this in other programmers, of course, not all, but in many.
- What is this mindset?
- This is concentration on the strengths, and not on the weaknesses.
- Why do you need this to become a good coder?
- I work like this:
Do you remember this movie? What is it doing here? Why the hell such post on Kukuruku at all?
I guess, because I think that the main piece of IT is human, or rather our brain. I’ll tell you about another possibility of using your brain a bit more effectively. Everything described here has been tried out on me. It’s important to note that I’ll highlight if I haven’t tried something out. I didn’t use any drugs or devices. Popular methods have only been used. And yes, it’s devastatingly realistic. Having tried it once, you'll never resist telling about it.
These days it is almost impossible to find a clear and understandable description. Honestly, this is my first article (hopefully not the last one). I will give you an example of top 5 3D printed models.
The main part of the list is taken from the official blog post of Stratasys Ltd, (in the past it was Objet. Two companies merged into one), but this is not the point. The purpose of my post to show the capabilities of three-dimensional printing.
Most people know about the difference between Firefox and Internet Explorer in the Internet industry. We also know what FTW is and what the difference is between ASP, PHP and RoR. At least we know what the difference is.
If you meet a businessman who has not ever heard about Digg, Google Apps or the Freemium, you'll be very surprised. Is not it right?
Today, I am going to talk about how you can hide the “spare" assembler commands in the regular code. This method is useful for complexity of disassembling the code, especially if the generation of "hidden" commands to automate. Tools: debugger - OllyDbg.
Long ago, when I was a naive schoolboy, I suddenly felt curious. What is a magical way that data takes up less space in an archive? I started surfing the Internet in order to find an answer. So I found many interesting articles with fairly detailed information on this topic. But all of them did not seem to me easy, the code listings were very difficult to understand.
My dear UMumble users! I must confess to you that I am a very happy man, but the last 16 years of my 32, I am watching an escalating picture of the struggle between a society and the absurdity of being. The fact is that many of my friends work in large companies, where they are ruthlessly oppressed by an office samsara. In my case I have never had a tight schedule and the strict corporate machine on my back; therefore, I lift up praises to God every day and night. Being far away from these problems I am engaged in science at the Research Institute of System Technology (and I have my own IT business, which helps me to make money for living). Using this miracle system analysis, I will try to summarize everything I know on the topic in the article.
I have little experience (summarily I have been working as a programmer nearly for 16 months), nevertheless, I would like to give some tips to myself in the past, or in other words, to those who are studding now at the university and planning to become a software developer. I do not have a claim on wisdom or experience on no account. While thinking a little, I understand that all these tips are very actual for me more than ever too. I published the first note in my blog last year, and now I am publishing here the list expanded with tips of the readers of this blog.
All tips are independent and their order does not matter.