Android app development is a highly coveted subset of the larger development world. It is because of the massive popularity Android apps enjoy all over the globe - after all, it does have the most significant share in the global OS market. The widespread acclaim and demand have given rise to a variety of language options for app development. For the longest time, the title of market leader belonged to Java, but that's starting to change now that Kotlin has emerged as an equally potent choice.
Considering that both Java and Kotlin have proven to be highly cogent programming languages, enabling the development of world-class apps, it is quite understandable when people struggle to choose between the two. But don't fret, because this guide is here to help.
- Kotlin-based apps are written using already existent Java libraries and frameworks
- Kotlin's type system has a null feature
- It is much easier and quicker to code with Kotlin
- Its compilation speed is much slower than that of Java
- The community is young, and the resources are limited
Java: An object-oriented language, Java is over two decades old. It is commonly used for the development of both mobile and web applications; in the context of mobile apps, while it is primarily used for Android, it can be used to build apps for other platforms as well.
Now that we are acquainted with Java and its basics, let's go on and see its pros and cons.
- It is one of the most recommended and preferred tools for the development of native as well as cross-platform app development
- Since Java-based apps are smaller in size, they do not take as much space as other similar apps built using different languages, including Kotlin
- With Java, the timeline for app development is accelerated to a considerable extent. It means that developers can code at a much faster pace
- It is known to throw up compatibility-related issues when it comes to Android API design
- Java is notorious for being quite slow as compared to its peers
As the above discussion demonstrates, both Java and Kotlin bring a unique set of challenges and advantages to the table when Android app development is concerned. Then there's also the fact that each one of the two is suited for distinctive types of development endeavors.
Inadvertently, this can seemingly make the decision more complicated. But if you take the time to carefully evaluate each of the two languages' basic facts, their pros and cons, and then assess them against the project and business' requirements, it becomes quite simple to decide if you want to opt for Java services or find a vendor who will help you out with a Kotlin-based app.
For a business to operate with optimum efficiency, it is imperative to integrate their systems, apps, data, and more, to gain quick and productive access to information and insights to drive the business' growth. To achieve this, companies typically turn to a variety of enterprise software apps that lend valuable assistance regarding various aspects of the business. But that's not all the reasons why businesses need enterprise apps - any enterprise looking to remain competitive in today's cut-throat world needs to improve the efficiency of their internal operations and enhance productivity. Do you know what can help with that? You guessed it - enterprise software apps.
Enterprise apps bring a whole lot to the table - from optimizing business processes and driving better employee productivity to deliver valuable insights to drive unprecedented growth. However, given the rate at which all things technology evolve, including enterprise software apps, the market is now brimming with a plethora of options to choose from. While each of them may seem relevant important, it is vital to pick the ones that best suit the individual needs of the business. Listed below are some of the most famous enterprise software app recommendations that stand to help every company out there.
- Customer service: The delivery of top-notch customer care is among the key priorities for any enterprise. Unfortunately, ensuring that the customers you serve and receive such support can often prove to be a very challenging endeavor. But that can be efficiently dealt with assistance from the right customer service enterprise software. They can help businesses with a variety of tasks in this regard, including manage clients effectively, log complaints, process requests, and so much more.
- Human Resources: This one is a decidedly complicated aspect of running a business. So, for ensuring the effective management of a business' employees, an element so central to success, you need an enterprise software app that can tend to all the vital tasks, such as identifying candidates, onboarding, and more. And with the right solution in your arsenal, you can automate most HR processes, empower employees to self-manage personal information, and more.
- Sales and marketing: Yet another critical goal for any company is ensuring the efficacy of operations and, of course, the profitability of their sales and marketing endeavors. To do that, one needs enterprise software apps exclusively meant for sales and marketing since they can help businesses to develop high-quality campaigns, successfully close deals, and more. Besides that, such a tool also contributes significantly in the context of identifying leads and undertaking measures to convert them into loyal clients for the business.
Provided the company is clear on its goals, understands what the apps can do, and how all of that comes together, enterprise software apps offer immense scope for success. But the fact remains that it can be an intimidating process to find and integrate such solutions in the business. Hence, experts recommend engaging the services of an enterprise software development solutions provider to help you figure this out in the most efficient manner.
Today, software constitute an essential part of the world that we live in. Some software largely underpins all the digital conveniences, such as e-commerce apps, banking websites, and so much more. So, it only makes sense that they are tested to the fullest extent before they are offered to customers for their use. Unfortunately, it can be quite challenging to manually test software, which is why we have this thing called test automation. As the name suggests, it is the automation of software testing to ensure that the end product is robust, stable, and works just as it is meant to.
Now that we have established that software testing is crucial, let’s talk about it in detail. See, for such an endeavor to be truly useful, it is essential to make sure that it covers all the crucial aspects. Unfortunately, that is easier said than done, especially when test automation is involved in the equation. Why? Because more often than not, folks will overlook or dismiss some minute details, or, perhaps, forget to include a significant part altogether. The point is that some test automation mistakes are prevalent all over the globe. But we have listed some of the most common ones below to help make sure that you can successfully avoid them and glean the full potential of test automation.
- Lack of training: It is all fun and exciting when one sets out to embrace test automation — that is until they realize that the actual employees who will be working with it have no training to use the tool. So, before you integrate a tool in the business, make sure that at least staff that will be directly involved with its usage is well acquainted with it and understands how to use it as well in an absolute sense. An excellent way to go about this, then, is developing a training document, organizing workshops, holding testing sessions, and more.
- Not determining the automation list: One of the critical fundamental rules of test automation is knowing what will be automated and also why. Expecting testers just to start using the tool without explaining the company’s goals and expectations do not bode well for the endeavor. Besides that, it is generally a bad idea for the business if the company decides to dive into test automation without a proper strategy in place.
- Starting with the automation of more significant tasks: While we understand why one would think that test automation should start with the vital jobs, the fact remains that it isn’t wise. It is because they are decidedly more challenging to conquer. And, it is as well as more time-consuming. And it also subjects the process to more mistakes and risks, thus taking a toll on the entire project.
As customers’ expectations evolve and the competition in the market intensifies, test automation is just the tool; companies need to ensure the success of their offerings. So, go ahead and find a trusted independent software testing services provider to help you out with doing precisely that.
PHP, a coding language meant for the web, has long been used for the development of a large variety of digital offerings. From a simple web blog to a complete entity that can serve as a Software as a Service (SaaS) — PHP is a dynamic language that enables the creation of equally versatile products. Now, given the sheer variety of development it facilitates, it shouldn't come as a surprise that a staggering number of companies are already using it; several companies are considering PHP as an option.
Unfortunately, the ones who haven’t already made a choice can often find themselves struggling with the decision to take the plunge. The indecision and doubt are not only understandable but also encouraged. Why? Because it drives one to make sure that they have an in-depth and extensive understanding of the language before they decide to use it for their development project. If you too are at a similar point, i.e., contemplating PHP’s value in the context of your project, allowing us to help you out a little with this list of the most compelling ways in which PHP drives growth.
1. Affordable cost of development: PHP is an open-source general scripting-language, which means that it is available for use free of charge. So, there’s one significant cost eliminated, but there’s more — even most of the tools developers tend to use together with PHP, i.e., like WordPress, are quite affordable or available, again, free of charge. For example, WordPress is also open-source so that it can be used for free, but to utilize, say, ASP, the company will be required to pay to acquire these additional tools to use them with PHP.
2. Security: We don’t have to tell you just how important it is to ensure that everything that resides in the digital realm is as secure as possible. The same need for top-notch security extends to PHP and anything that you may develop with it. Lucky for us, this nifty coding language already offers a world of means to ensure the attainment of high levels of security without relying on external sources. It includes a plethora of security layers that have translated into PHP being widely regarded as one of the safest options on the market.
3. Extensive web servers support: One of the best parts about PHP is that it offers support for a large number of all the leading web servers in the world. Further, it includes personal web servers, Microsoft IIS, iPlanet server, and Netscape, among several others. As a result, it delivers much value to companies and developers who may be planning to upgrade their websites.
As the discussion above demonstrates, undertaking a custom PHP development for your company can prove to be a highly valuable endeavor. After all, PHP is a terrific language in more ways than one — it is affordable, agile in database connectivity, easily one of the most secure options, offers immense scope for saving resources, and so much more!
To say that restaurants make money only by selling food on their premises would be not only archaic but also quite misinformed. Research has shown that most restaurants now earn significantly via off-premises sales; they make up 44 percent of their total earnings. But what’s interesting is that 1/4th of these off-premises food orders are designated for delivery. And if that weren’t true, brands like FoodPanda, Uber Eats along with many others, would have never existed. But the truth is that not only is there an abundance of food delivery service providers in the world, but they continue to flourish at a rapid pace, alluding to the vast potential of this industry.
And with the industry expected to touch $15 billion in value by 2023, it is a given that more and more restaurant businesses are looking to climb on the food delivery bandwagon. This pursuit, in turn, has led them to the doorstep of location intelligence. Why? Because it allows them to gauge and monitor various factors critical to the success of a food delivery business. It includes real-time traffic updates and locating delivery addresses among so many other things. To help you gain a better perspective in this context, we have listed some of the most critical ways in which location intelligence impacts food delivery.
- Effective assignment of delivery jobs: Assigning orders to delivery executives may sound ample, but it is anything but. To ensure the utmost efficiency in this process, location intelligence helps companies calculate the distance between the delivery executive’s location. It affected the restaurants as well as the time it would take for the executive to complete the delivery. It also enables concepts like batching, wherein one executive can make two deliveries if the delivery addresses are close enough to warrant it.
- Serviceability: Of course, not all restaurants operate all the time. But how do you relay that information to customers? No points for guessing, but yes, location intelligence. It not only helps customers to look for restaurants in their vicinity but also sees which of them are currently accepting orders. And we don’t have to tell you just how important this is for delivering high-quality customer experiences.
- Keep an eye on the competition: Another vital benefit of location intelligence is that it comes in handy for keeping track of rivals by enabling business owners to identify other nearby restaurants also engaged in the food delivery business, gain insights about their driver's patterns and more. As a result, they can better understand their competition in the market and adapt their strategies based on insights gained via location intelligence to achieve better business.
It is clear to see that food delivery isn’t merely another fad — it is here to stay! And for anyone who wishes to stay ahead of the curve in a market that presents intense competition, one must turn to geo-location-based mobile apps, for they are the metaphorical silver bullet that can enable extraordinary growth for any restaurant.
The process of moving a company’s data and apps, as well as any other relevant resources to the cloud, or cloud migration, is gradually garnering more and more attention now. It is because organizations around the world, big or small, have a wealth of data that they now understand can make a world of difference in how they operate and grow. However, to do that efficiently, businesses must move all their data into the cloud. But based on the company’s requirements, some don’t always choose to move everything to the cloud, leaving a handful of apps on-premises. The point is, it’s a complicated endeavor, and to help you out with it, we put together a quick guide to cloud data migration.
Cloud migration benefits
- With the cloud, companies don’t have to pay a blanket charge; instead, they are required to pay only based on what they use.
- Moving to the cloud also translates into the ability to embrace and adopt modern technologies at a considerably faster pace. And this accelerated pace doesn’t burn a hole in the pocket either — it is affordable and ensures speed in the adoption of all forms of unique resources and technologies.
- Being on the cloud means companies gain freedom from the restrictions posed by physical infrastructure in the context of scalability. To cut a long story short, it takes away the financial burden of scaling operations.
Cloud migration: Factors to consider
- Make sure that all your data is not only available but also updated when you undertake the endeavor to migrate your company’s data to the cloud. And don’t forget to assess both the database and the pipeline's performance, especially in the context of pre-determined production workload.
- It is of vital importance to take the time to, first, determine precisely what data can be legally shared and what can’t. Then, take the time to ensure that no personally identifiable data in possession of your organization falls in the hands of non-authorized people.
Cloud migration: Tips for a robust strategy
- Identify precisely which workloads will remain on-premises and which ones will be moved to the cloud. Once it gets completed, determine new apps and functionalities that you will add to the cloud, if at all.
- Ensure that your cloud data migration strategy encompasses and answers at least the following factors: type of cloud, budget; security; and risk evaluations.
- Instead of taking an ‘all-at-once’ strategy, experts recommend adopting a step-by-step approach. It will ensure that the people charged with the responsibility of migration have the space to make any adjustments to the plan or other relevant factors if they find it necessary.
We’ll wrap this up with advice: Don’t forget to leverage the data migration process for data transformation, in case the company needs it. Say, you need to fortify your data or, perhaps, clean it up — the migration process is just the time to do it. And if you find yourself needing assistance with things like migration of data using Talend, you can always get in touch with a trusted service provider in the market.
Today, as events become more elaborate than ever, have you ever wondered how people who put them together do it? Of course, there's all the expertise and skills, but considering the intricate nature of such events, it is only understandable that they make use of technology, yes? And that they do! Event technology has become so crucial to the entire process that it is now one of the pillars for the success of any event. Now, we understand what’s technology in the general sense — but what exactly is event technology. Event technology is any tool that enables event organizers to efficiently execute the many things and processes relating to the job.
Now, given its purpose, it shouldn’t come as no surprise that everyone wants to use event technology. Unfortunately, more often than not, people jump on the bandwagon owing to its popularity without little to no understanding of the techniques they are trying to embrace and adapt. It, in turn, renders all their efforts to put together is significant. But that doesn’t have to be the case with you as well — so, we put together a list of the essential technologies any event planner worth his salt must be adept at using.
The law industry has been notoriously resistant to the change that comes with the continued and rapid evolution of technology around us. But things are changing, even though at a rather slow pace — but they are changing at last. This change in attitude can be attributed to a variety of factors, though the primary one has been the many benefits it has delivered for this industry. And the biggest proponent of this shift in attitude has been legal practice management systems. A recent study by a global company reported that a sizeable number of law firms have fully integrated such software into their operations.
So, how does an industry that has been traditionally averse to modern technology go from that to having the majority of law firms depending on legal practice management systems for their daily operations? It’s because of the ability of such systems to efficiently organize the company’s processes as well as deliver a massive boost to its overall productivity. It relieves lawyers from the responsibility of tending to humdrum tasks, thus allowing them to focus on the more important things dedicatedly. If you are also looking to achieve a similar effect across your law firm, here are some legal practice management software tips to get you started.
- Reminders and scheduling appointments: For law firms, scheduling appointments with clients is perhaps one of the essential things in the overall scheme of things. If you are scratching your head over the why it’s because that’s what keeps the money flowing in, so, yes, the ability to seamlessly schedule consultations is essential and yet, it seems to be quite challenging. With software, one can do away with repeated discussions by providing the firm’s availability schedule to clients, allowing them to pick a time that suits them best.
- Document management and collaboration: Of course, lawyers often need to share documents and collaborate with clients as well as their colleagues across the firm. It, once again, involves a lot of back and worth that can quickly take a toll on efficiency. To that end, the solution for managing law firm documents facilitates real-time collaboration and relevant functionalities, making it simpler to collaborate with people.
- Social media marketing: If you believe law firms have nothing to do with social media, you couldn’t be more wrong. Much like any other organization, legal firms to need social media to target customers. Thankfully, with legal practice management software, one can quickly be relieved from the task of continually engaging various social media platforms and also monitoring performance across such channels while still leveraging their many advantages. Hence, the software makes social media marketing as easy as ABC.
To truly leverage the potential offered by legal practice management software, it is of critical importance that the law firm takes the time to train all stakeholders, especially the ones that will be directly using it. It will ensure that the software is used as much as possible and wherever possible, consequently, bestowing a world of benefits on the company.
There are a plethora of studies in the world that have amply demonstrated that there has been a change in consumer behavior and a significant one at that. Researchers have also observed that the most significant factor to drive this change has been digital technology, especially in the context of customers’ shopping experience. The recent Digital Consumer Study report noted that as many as 50 percent admitted that they have shopped or completed tasks related to it, such as browse, compare, and more via their mobile phones over the last three months. It, in turn, has resulted in companies taking up increasingly modern strategies to keep up with this change.
In an endeavor to pull in and engage these new-age customers, who now demand a multi-channel experience, companies are adopting various aspects of their operations, including content marketing, enhanced and more responsive design for their websites, and push notifications among other things. And rightly so, because the failure to embrace this change and at a rapid face threatens their ability to grow. To help you delve further into this phenomenon, we put together a list of the most popular ways businesses are making use of new technologies.
- Coupons: A survey found that a whopping 66 percent of the respondents that discounts are a vital part of their strategies. It goes on to show the prowess of coupons and how many companies stand to benefit from the development of coupon apps. Combine that with the fact that consumers often look for that ‘push,’ which can be delivered in the form of special offers and discount coupons, while shopping further demonstrates the point.
- Go responsive: 53 percent of consumers in another stated said that they had used their mobile phones to browse a retailer’s website. As a result, companies have not only expressed keen interest in responsive website design but are actively pursuing it as well. And if you are wondering why it’s because responsive design ensures that the experience on offer is adapted to whatever device consumers may be using.
- Mobile-specific marketing strategy: To quote the same study for yet another intriguing stat: 34 percent shoppers admit that they would be more inclined to shop at a particular retailer if they were to receive offers and discounts on their mobile phones. So, companies are now working on better segmentation, to make provisions to enable staff to access customers’ wish-lists on their websites, automatic replenishment of go-to orders, and more. Oh, and yet another fascinating thing this endeavor has resulted in is that businesses are now allowing people to shortlist an item in-store and buy it online and vice versa.
It’s not that digital technologies have changed the current scenario — the truth is that if the current observations of the market are anything to go by, they will continue to impact and shape consumer behavior for the foreseeable future. And if you, too, wish to stay ahead of the curve, it is imperative that you get with the times and ensure that you deliver truly digital experiences for your consumers.
eCommerce — it’s undeniably one of the most lucrative types of business and that too all over the globe. So, it is understandable that more and more companies are seriously considering taking it up as a primary or additional mode to conduct business. However, most people are often so enamored by the concept’s charm that they end up overlooking some of the most critical factors that go into the making of a successful e-commerce venture. And among the handful of absolutely vital elements, one is ERP. But what exactly makes it so consequential for e-commerce businesses? Allow us to explain.
See, ERP, basically a tool that enables companies to access siloed data across the board, is widely recognized for its ability to facilitate a substantially better organization of all the business processes. It, in turn, allows companies to achieve enhanced operational efficiencies. By giving companies an all-round view of their business, it helps them prevent mistakes and keep a better track of all their processes. However, it is also essential that you don’t dive into this blindly; so, here’s a list of some of the most important considerations that you must keep in mind before you implement an eCommerce ERP integration solution.
- Compatibility is crucial: One of the first and most essential tasks on the endeavor to integrate an ERP solution with an e-commerce platform is making sure that the former is compatible with the one you may already be using or are planning to take up. It will make sure that data can flow seamlessly from the platform to the ERP system, thus ensuring coordination and balance across the networks.
- Don’t forget the real-time data: Of course, one of the biggest USPs of an ERP system is that it provides data. However, that alone isn’t sufficient; one must also make sure that all data related functionalities, such as reports and analytics, are adequate to suitably meet the company’s requirements. And it may also help to remember that dashboards can also be tailored precisely following your business’ demands — be sure to check that out as well.
- Scalability: We don’t even have to tell you just how critical the ability to scale without a hitch is — especially for e-commerce businesses since growth comes very quickly when you do things right. Hence, it is advisable that you look for a cloud-based system since the mere fact of being a cloud-based system indicates that it is conducive for efforts to scale and supportive of any tangential measures that may be necessary.
Considering that an eCommerce ERP integration solution necessitates a sizeable investment, it becomes even more important that one takes ample time to first carefully evaluate the many such options against their business’ requirements. It would also be a good idea to seek assistance from a service provider for such solutions who will be able to give valuable input to your quest for the right ERP for your e-commerce business and help you make an informed decision in this regard.