You are so lucky to be a programmer. I would like to be the programmer.
- Why do not you learn?
- I already tried. I checked out codeacademy and other websites, but it is not mine.
- Yep, the programming is not really for everyone.
- You are well paid, and you can create different things. Almost every day you get some crazy offers at least for 100 thousand dollars.
- Yep, honestly it's very flattering and a little mind-blowing.
- You get your share in the company and you know that the software engineers are always respected. You can implement any idea in the app and get rich. Moreover, you do not need to hire anyone for this.
- Actually, the programming makes me miserable.
- Wow. What do you mean by that?
- In order to be a good programmer, I need to develop a special mindset and that makes me sad. I noticed this in other programmers, of course, not all, but in many.
- What is this mindset?
- This is concentration on the strengths, and not on the weaknesses.
- Why do you need this to become a good coder?
- I work like this:
Do you remember this movie? What is it doing here? Why the hell such post on Kukuruku at all?
I guess, because I think that the main piece of IT is human, or rather our brain. I’ll tell you about another possibility of using your brain a bit more effectively. Everything described here has been tried out on me. It’s important to note that I’ll highlight if I haven’t tried something out. I didn’t use any drugs or devices. Popular methods have only been used. And yes, it’s devastatingly realistic. Having tried it once, you'll never resist telling about it.
I think that each of you tried to find the own way to solve tasks in the learning process of a relational database management system, and not knowing that out there are various helpful features, which could speed up the queries at times and reduce the code size. In this article I want to share with you my experience, namely how to work with MySQL comfortably, often allowing the programmer to do the things that other databases would not be able to do. This material would be useful rather for those who just decided to delve into the wonderful world of queries, but maybe the experienced programmers will find something interesting for themselves here.
I have heard on the internet a lot of angry comments that Windows 7 - sucks! You see how much memory it eats up! To prove that below are given a few screenshots, and once again everyone blames the crooked hands Hindu programmers. Let's take a look what is going on over there.
I would like to share some observations and my knowledge in this article with umumble readers.
Let’s do it!
1. Write as you say it aloud
Your task is to show other programmers that you do it with a little twist.
Before you write the next piece of code, think and say it out loud what you are going to do. For example, I need to clear little bit this item. Many people will write without any hesitation:
I want to share one feature when setting COOKIE values, which is often overlooked by the web developers.
According to my experience as for research of the web application vulnerabilities for 2009-2011, this error occurred in 87% of the web applications that were written in PHP.
In order to reduce this rate, I have decided to write this article.
I will not even talk about httpOnly flag, though its use is very important and necessary.
Let’s look at the example of code:
GPGPU technology has stimulated the appearance of several renderings on the GPU in the market, including iRay, V-ray RT, Octane, and Arion. But open-source community made available at least two free renders on the GPU: SmallLuxGPU and Cycles Render. I want to share my impressions about the second one.
Cycles Render is unbiased render with the ability to render on the GPU (CUDA and OpenCL for ATI). It lies in a box with the Blender that runs on Windows, Linux, and OSX.
Cycles Render, this is a car with the procedural texture, FullHD was prepared in 2 minutes using GTX580.
The aim of this article is to tell about a programming language Go (Golang) to those developers, who are interested in it, but haven’t risked studying it. The story will be told on the basis of a real sentence that represents RESTful API web-service.
I had a task to develop a backend to the mobile phone. The service is quite simple. It’s a mobile application, which shows posts of the users that are near the current location. Users can leave their comments to the posts and they can be commented as well. It’s like an original geo-forum.
I wanted to use the Golang in some serious projects. The choice was obvious. This language is extremely suitable for such tasks.
Main Golang advantages:
- Simple and clear syntax. It makes code writing a pleasant task.
- Static typing. Allows avoiding mistakes, made inadvertently. Simplifies the code reading and understanding. Makes the code unambiguous.
- Speed and compilation. Go performs much better than other scripting languages, while consuming less memory. The entire project is compiled into one binary file, without dependencies. And don’t worry about memory management since there’s a garbage collector.
- Step away from the OOP. There are no classes in the language, but there are data structures with methods. Inheritance is changed by an embedding mechanism. There are interfaces that don’t need to be completely implemented. You just need to implement the interface methods.
- Concurrency. Concurrent computing made easy, smart and without a headache. Go routines (something like threads) are light and don’t consume much memory.
- A well-stocked standard library. The language has everything necessary for the web-development and even more. The amount of exterior libraries grows all the time. Besides, you can use C & C++ libraries.
- Possibility to write in functional style. There are closures and anonymous functions in the language. Functions are the first-order objects. They can be transferred as arguments and used ad data types.
- Trustworthy Founding Fathers and a strong community. Rob Pike, Ken Thompson and Robert Griesemer stood at the origins of the language. Now it has a strong community and constantly develops.
- Open Source
- Charming mascot
We all remember the classical explanation about the indexes in the database and how they make the task easier to find the right lines. I'm sure most of you visualizes something like this:
It becomes clear right away that it takes much less effort to find two or three right lines throughout the data. It is brilliant, easy, and clear.
Personally, I always thought that there is no room for any improvement regarding this method until I got familiar with the clustered indexes. It turned out that the non-clustered indexes are not that perfect as I though.
So here are some questions: What is exactly a clustered index? Why is it better than the non-clustered one? What’s going on with it in MySQL?
Perhaps, this article may not present any new or fresh ideas, besides, I'm sure you have often read something like this somewhere else. This post even does not claim the fact to be true. Its content is the fruit of my own experience, mistakes, and the knowledge that I have gotten from my colleagues. I'm sure that many people will be able to find themselves in my article. Probably, the first stage is not very typical for the programmers who are not involved in the Olympic programming, but the following stages do not independent from this factor at all.