Part Two


The first part can be found here.

The software part

iPad application


Overpatching of the application took only a week for the iPad. The main time was spent on rework of the user’s interface. Dimensions of screen resolution of the iPad and iPhone are different, so if we have not considered this when designing the interface - we have a problem (especially, if we have numerous screens).
If we lead 1024 without changing the dimensions to 480, then the resulting image will be 480x360, so we get 40 extra pixels vertically. One simple solution is to leave empty space above and below. I do not like this approach. Since I only have had three screens (almost everything is in the vector), I have reworked the source materials for expansion of 1024x768 and has written a utility that moving in 480x320, and cutting (shifting) the specific parts from top, bottom or both sides that I do not need.

I completely rewrote the dialog of posting to Twitter, the old was not designed for the iPad.
Transferring a binary file into universal format took exactly one click. So, select a target “Upgrade this target to ipad”.
I used this code below to find out if the iPad is software-based or not:
BOOL isPad ()
{
# ifdef UI_USER_INTERFACE_IDIOM
return (UI_USER_INTERFACE_IDIOM () == UIUserInterfaceIdiomPad);
# else
return NO;
# endif
}
ZimerMan 25 september 2011, 10:32