Fully automated minibuses (pods) were launched at the Heathrow Airport:
• Their speed is at up to 40 kilometers per hour.
• Carrying capacity of one pod is four passengers.
• They have fully automatic operation.
• The pods are at 70% more efficient than cars, and at 50% that usual buses.
• More than 100 000 people have been used this transport since April.
It is recommended to see a video, this was a project at that time and now, it is a reality.
Here is a link to the video and article how it works now.