The development team working on PVS-Studio has finally started developing its product for Linux. That was the news that the CTO Andrey Karpov wrote about in the article. Long disputes and requests of the readers on habrahabr.ru, discussions on Reddit, Linux.org and other places can now gain a new round of comments. As it is mentioned in the article, you can volunteer to help the developers to test this product and improve it to a better level.
There are many tasks on the way of PVS-Studio to Linux, that the technical director is talking about. Put briefly, these are:
- more complete support of GCC and Clang;
- a new system of regression tests in Linux, so that you can track the changes results in the analyzer kernel and add new diagnostics;
- compiler monitoring to help programmers quickly and easily check the project without distracting people who support makefiles and the build system in general;
- documentation improvement, so that the user can get information with the examples about any diagnostic;
- testing, distribution, support organization.
In this article you will find more details about the abilities of PVS-Studio for Windows and the tasks it can already solve on Linux.
I do not know why I may need it, but suddenly I wanted to have two mouse pointers in Linux, after all I already have two mice, one is a wireless mouse and the other is a touchpad one. The idea came at a time when I hooked up a second mouse, namely, a third cursor control device.
I want each mouse to get a cursor, but how do I get it?
Let's see what xinput will tell us:
max 23:20:19 ~ $ xinput list
⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ Logitech USB Receiver id=10 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ Logitech USB Receiver id=11 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ Genius 2.4G Wireless Mouse id=12 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad id=14 [slave pointer (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Video Bus id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Sleep Button id=8 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Villem id=9 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard id=13 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ HP WMI hotkeys id=15 [slave keyboard (3)]