B.E./ B.Tech Lateral Entry Admissions
Lateral Entry Admissions into various programs are as per the norms laid down by the Department of Technical Education, Government of Tamil Nadu and Anna University. The program is designed for candidates with a 3-year diploma in engineering (10+3 pattern) or an equivalent degree to get direct admission to the 2nd year B.E./B.Tech program.
Both Diploma and B.Sc., qualified candidates have to obtain the following minimum eligibility marks for admission to Lateral Entry as per the below table.
S.No. Community Minimum Eligibility Marks
1 General Category 55.00%
2 Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim 50.00%
3 MBC & DNC 45.00%
4 SC/SCA/ST Mere pass in the qualifying examination
Click here to see the List of eligible degree programs for the qualifying diploma in Engineering/Technology
For admissions, please contact us at:
Sri Venkateswara Educational and Health Trust
Address: 1/3A River View Road, Sector 3, Kotturpuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600085
For any clarifications, feel free to speak to our Academic Advisors
Mobile : 9941045605,9443813896, 9340010336,9790567576, 9841295329, 9698395246
Email: [email protected]
George Boole (1815 - 1864) is an English mathematician, professor whose work contributed to the creation of modern symbolic logic. His algebra of logic that is called Boolean algebra or Boolean logic (an algebraic structure, which is complemented distributive grating and a part of mathematics that studies similar structures) is the fundamental for designing of modern digital circuits. Boole's work embodied in the applications that he would never have imagined.
• The wife of George Boole - Mary Everest was a niece of George Everest, who was the Inspector-General of India that completed the work on creating a triangulated system of this country in 1841 and the author of well-known fundamental work "The report about the measurement of the two arcs of the Indian Meridian". As we know in his honor was named the highest mountain peak in the world.
•He was awarded a knighthood in 1861.
• He had five daughters that continued the dynasty of scientists:
• Alicia specialized in the study of multidimensional spaces and received an honorary degree at the University of Groningen.
• Lucy became the first woman-professor in England that got a chair in chemistry.
• Mary was married to Charles Hinton who was mathematician, inventor, science fiction writer and the author of the novel "An Episode on Flatland", where were described some beings that living in a flat two-dimensional world. Three grandchildren of Hinton became scientists: William and Joan were the physicists and Gevard was an entomologist.
• Margaret went in a history as the mother of Geoffrey Taylor who was a famous English mathematician and an engineer.
• Ethel Lilian was married to the scientist Wilfrid Michael Voynich. Ethel Voynich wrote the well-known novel "The Gadfly", subsequently followed by several more novels, musical compositions, as well as English translation of poems that were written by Taras Shevchenko.
As the computer industry has the usual PCs and supercomputers, and also among the developers stand out giants that have superpower. How else can you call a man whose list of projects looks as follows:
1997: Publication of Bellard’s formula for calculating digit of Pi
2000: The calculation of the biggestt known prime number (source code only 438 bytes)
2001: The compiler TCC (Tiny C Compiler or TinyCC)
2004: Boot loader TinyCC
2005: The signal transmitter in the DVB-T format from PC to TV
2009: The world record for Pi computation
Each of these programs could be the crowning career for any developer, but Fabrice Bellard continues to work.
Fabrice Bellard (left) and Miguel de Icaza (founder of the GNOME projects and Mono) at MIX 07 conference (June 2007)