Post-semantic neurotic civilization
My dear UMumble users! I must confess to you that I am a very happy man, but the last 16 years of my 32, I am watching an escalating picture of the struggle between a society and the absurdity of being. The fact is that many of my friends work in large companies, where they are ruthlessly oppressed by an office samsara. In my case I have never had a tight schedule and the strict corporate machine on my back; therefore, I lift up praises to God every day and night. Being far away from these problems I am engaged in science at the Research Institute of System Technology (and I have my own IT business, which helps me to make money for living). Using this miracle system analysis, I will try to summarize everything I know on the topic in the article.
To begin with I will give you some introduction. Some things I took from stories of other people, and something from my personal experience that I deeply felt in a close contact with the customers.
1. Usually, I meet my friends over the weekend in a state of day off neurosis. In short, it's full apathy, lethargy and apathy that attack people after a busy week in the office. Generally, this state is assumed the shape of a relaxed rest after the busy working week, but it's a false feeling.
During vacation, it can last for weeks if that time will not be used properly. Many IT specialists even make the projects for the soul for a weekend or holiday. So keep this in mind!
2. It is a horrifying senselessness, which is the fear to be fired, so you need to pretend that the projects are full of meaning. Fortunately, if you have a healthy sense of humor that will not allow you to believe in the reality of what is happening in the company, but if you do not have it, then there comes a serious esoteric self-manipulation, accompanied by the stereotyped phrases and the intelligent opinions without hesitation.
3. It is procrastination at the workplace. I would like to remind you that it is unwillingness to start the necessary, important and urgent projects, limiting yourself to the endless and empty activities.
4. It is delivery in 2 seconds. Many people complain about this strange management symptom of the companies. The decision was made and the results are needed immediately, even the meeting has not ended yet. Moreover, the realization time for the project has not been set, but they don’t want to wait anymore. I guess, Google is to blame here, giving the results in 2 seconds or even a habit of going to the supermarket, where everything is ready. I do not know, but the desire to get everything at once became the norm.
5. It is senseless activity. A problem is identified, and there is an urgent need to do something to solve it, but what it really is, it is not so important. In order to reassure management you just need to do it as soon as possible.
6. It is constant informational pacifier that is listening to music while working, reading news, music in the car, the constant SMS and internet access, and so on. We are on the way to the new formation man, a human aggregator and machine.
7. It is the social activity degradation in a network. At first they were FIDO and Usenet, and then mail, forums, and later they were social networks and social applications. I guess, many of you remember how meaningful communication was before. Now, there is loss of sense. UMumble is one of the few islands where you can see not only links and the funny pictures, but also here is the material that became the embodiment of personal opinion, experience, labor and the specific position of man.
8. It is startup neurosis. Many IT specialists know what it is, but this thing affects not only IT industry, now any activity is perceived as a startup (it is like a plague), which is accompanied by: the fear that someone will do it faster than us, and the desire to grab everything, including all internet.
9. It is useless general informational overdrive. This strange state of mind is typical for postmodern society, where all information becomes very accessible, being in two clicks away from you, they lose their value. There are a lot of the context and the ideas, but there is not enough attention, it is just spread out and here comes the informational prostration.
Something tells me that all these symptoms have the same roots. This activity forces out the sense.
The bigger is capitalization, the more confusing it becomes
When I was analyzing how the businesses were built, I came to the conclusion that 90% of them were built on the exploitation of primitive needs, fears and the misconceptions. They may be the misconceptions and the fears of customers (consumers of goods and services), as well as they may be the misconceptions and the fears of business owners. In the first case, there are a deliberate intimidation of the audience, the rigid popularization and propagation of dependency on the goods and services, while the second one is the soap bubble that is inflated by pride of the founders. The more money is invested, the harder is to get rid of the desire to think that we're taking the right way.
It is always possible to hide, keeping eyes closed
That’s right, some people close their eyes, filling up all their attention flows with the informational pacifier or going into parallel worlds, showing fruitful activities and thinking about Friday. A little later, it turns out that all these unhealthy methods had the side effects; moreover, they prevented us to think about the meaning of existence.
Have you ever thought about this before?
It appears that you thought before, but there were all the answers ready. There are two main approaches toward the semantic fullness of existence: the religious (mystical) and the scientific (atheistic). Does everyone choose them freely? There is a certain fashion that makes them conditional on the cultural context. Well, let’s assume that everyone currently chooses. The mystical one, if it is based on a young lively and pure faith, then it is beautiful, but if it got to patterns and monotonous automatism of the old cult, then it is terrible. The scientific approach is vice versa, it is awful until fresh and young, and it becomes beautiful when the science moves from the euphoria of unstoppable progress to the mature wisdom. But despite their radical differences, they have one thing in common, namely they both are forgotten and replaced with the liquid informational slush.
What is holding up the world?
Basing on my IT experience, I can say that always the main system core, kernel and the basic working code are written by one or more IT specialists that no matter what keep peace of mind and adequacy under any circumstances. They have their own ways, dropping out of a shared vision, creating without any motivation, because they cannot do that in somebody’s way. Just a few people do all the most profound and important, such as the programming languages, databases, operating systems, and the complex software packages. These people should be cherished, but they only are exploited. Furthermore, these people do not even notice that, and they get very surprised if someone tells them that. Take care of them!
Let’s calm down the excited readers
If some readers still cannot calm down after reading this article, then I have some reassuring facts:
1. I have never met a person during my 16 years of IT experience that could launch an idea into reality before it was done by the author of the idea. The author always has an advantage over the repeater.
2. A super secrecy is unnecessary, because the words are only mental tags on which everyone can stick his/her semantic load.
3. Finally, the desire to grab everything, including internet is a great and beautiful idea, and there is no need to make fun of it.
|Vote for this post
Bring it to the Main Page