Why Kotlin is the Right Choice for Android App Development
Android currently enjoys more than 80 percent of the market share, and there exist 3.6+ million Android apps. Anyone who happens to make the simple deduction that Android is wildly popular among the masses worldwide. It means that Android app developers have their hands full with creating engaging apps, but language do they use to get the job done? While Java is admittedly a considerably sought after option, there's a relatively new kid on the block that is making waves: Kotlin.
Since its launch in 2016, Kotlin has been steadily gaining traction among Android app developers owing to the myriad features it offers. It cuts down the boilerplate code to render development not only easier but also much faster as compared to other modern languages. Since Kotlin is interoperable with Java and other existing Android languages - it means developers get to leverage existing libraries for Android and the JVM with it. Moreover, Kotlin is considered similar to Java. What this means is that developers can pick any Java IDE to build an app in Kotlin.
Furthermore, Kotlin also allows developers to create an app from the command line. Moreover, this one takes care of safety too, thanks to the fact that app developers can eliminate complete classes of errors, such as Null Pointer Exceptions, in Kotlin. It, in turn, helps ensure a smooth and secure development experience.
Suffice it to say that this robust programming language has much to offer and here are some more reasons why it is a terrific idea to use Kotlin for developing Android apps:
- Kotlin addresses real-time challenges that impede developers. Take Null Pointer Exceptions, for example; while they consistently keep posing challenges for Java developers, Kotlin helps developers eliminate them rather quickly.
- Starting a new project is practically a piece of cake with Kotlin. Developers only have to go to the File menu, select 'New Project,' name the project, and then choose the installed Android SDK version.
- Since it is an open-source language, developers can achieve excellent quality of development with a one-click Java to Kotlin converter tool and concentrate on Java compatibility. This language also enables developers to change their existing Java projects into Kotlin swiftly.
- Kotlin also comes with Custom Getters and Setters, often used as a model structure. This provision helps developers in getting as well as put the fields in place by the specifications.
- Another benefit proffered by Kotlin is that it is an exceptionally agile language that does not saddle developers with a specific style or tenets of programming, such as Object-Oriented Programming styling where the developer must contend with methods and attributes. In addition to that, Kotlin does not impose an overly-functional outlook, thus making Android app development easy.
There is not even a modicum of doubt that Kotlin is indeed a first-class choice for developing Android applications, especially since it offers the many advantages of a contemporary language sans any restrictive constraints. However, for businesses to fully leverage the many possibilities presented by Kotlin, it is of crucial importance that they choose a reliable partner with extensive experience in offering Android application development services. Once you have that, rest assured that there'll be no looking back.
|Vote for this post
Bring it to the Main Page